Friday, October 23, 2009

An Autumn Feast



Our friend Paul is moving to LA so to bid him farewell, I cooked an autumn feast. The menu started with a salad of mixed greens, dried cranberries, crumbled danish blue cheese, and chopped walnuts with a mustard vinaigrette. Salad was followed by the main course, a fluffy and delicious Lasagne in Bianco, recipe recommended by Henry Quinn. Vegetables on the side included roasted butternut squash and Ina Garten's parmesan roasted broccoli, a truly inspired dish. By the way adding sliced garlic, lemon zest, and basil to roasted broccoli is genius. Last but not least, dessert. I was testing my recipe for the upcoming Enid's Apple Pie Bake-Off, so we ended the night with homemade apple pie. Paul also brought his delectable chocolate chip cookies, for which he is in the process of developing a new and complex recipe. I took the day to make this dinner and there is really nothing I love doing more.









No comments: