Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Greenpoint Coffee House turns over a new leaf



It's almost too good to be true. There is a new chef at Greenpoint Coffee House and I'm pretty crazy excited about it. The new menu is small, simple, thoughtful, with oft-changing seasonal specials, and even includes farm names for the grass-fed beef and artisinal cheeses. After a tiny bit of sleuthing, I discovered that the chef is Jonathan Meyer. He lives across the street and has cooked in the kitchens at Diner and Fatty Crab. The Coffee House has always had a place in my heart and now it has a serious place in my stomach! This is a recent lunch with Gareth - the corn beef up there in his reuben is house-made. And my mushroom quiche was a velvety delicious special. I've also tried the burger, the fried chicken, the chicken liver, and the special garganelli pasta with a sage and pistachio pesto and romanesco florets. So far nothing has disappointed.



1 comment:

Alex said...

i'm having trouble dressing myself