Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sunday

This Sunday was lazy and wonderful. Greenpoint was bustling with doors open at old, new, and brand new businesses.

We ventured out for lattes and other treats at the brand new Le Gamin (a previously Manhattan-based) french restaurant. It is opening any day now and they are currently serving crêpes and omelettes from a truck parked outside. It's a cozy atmosphere and simple but special food. I'm sure there will be lines out the door for brunch and dinner especially this summer when they open the garden in the back, but on this Sunday, we just walked right in.





I dropped by at my favorite wine store Dandelion Wine to stock up on rosé (including one from Long Island's Wölffer Estate) because 'tis the season.


Had dinner at Paulie Gee's around sunset. The pizza only gets better. We had the Mootz, the Arugula Shmoogala, and the Jimmy the Greek (a special).



And I finally checked out the Van Leeuwen ice cream shop on Manhattan Avenue. It's very cute and I'm sure I will go often, but the ice cream at Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory still has my heart.

4 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

Seems like a heavenly day

Melissa Levin said...

It was Meg!

Unknown said...

Hey, how come I don't get mentioned in this post! It's like I wasn't even there...

Melissa Levin said...

omg jeanne! i'm sorry. will edit tonight xoxo