Thursday, April 8, 2010

“Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.”

This quote from Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin opens an article in today's Times about people who photograph their food, which anyone who has eaten with me, knows I do. Wait! Don't eat yet! I have to take a picture. Click. Ok. Go.

I am always happy to see anything that tells us people are being conscious and conscientious eaters, so snap away. Think. Cook. Eat. Write. Photograph. Share. I turned to my un-blogged archives after reading and came upon my unforgettable first meal at the locavore haven Fore Street in Portland, Maine. My meals certainly don't all look or taste quite like this one, but it's something to aspire to!







2 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

Fore Street = my life = Portland Maine = my heart.

Unknown said...

I have never been to Fore Street, but I know your home-cooked meals look and taste better than any restaurants I've been to. :)