Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Making Waves



On a sunny May day, Mike and I needed to get away without going away. That's when we usually turn to Wave Hill. It's a heavenly public garden and historic estate right on the Hudson River in the Bronx.



There are little hikes, glorious gardens, incredible views.



Poppies pop and



Roses rise in The Flower Garden.



I can't help but think of The Secret Garden when I stumble upon a scene like this.



The Aquatic and Monocot Garden is Mike's favorite.



Hidden benches are abundant on the property. Perfect for hiding or reading or writing the day away.



Another hidden treasure.



An artist-made fort was perfectly situated among the trees.



Ever Present



Never Twice



The Same

3 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

I've gone into a swoon...

Unknown said...

Wave Hill is so pretty. I once interviewed for a job there, but it's probably good I didn't get it, as it would have been a hell of a commute.

Heather Taylor said...

beautiful mel. so mellow