Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Over the Bridge



The Inaugural Pulaski Invitational Road Race and BBQ was a huge success this Labor Day Weekend! Mike and Tom orchestrated a 5K, 10K, and half-marathon road race on Greenpoint's own Pulaski Bridge. A new tradition is born. The race consisted only of going back and forth across the bridge which connects Greenpoint, Brooklyn to Long Island City, Queens. (I came in last in the women's 5k and am proud of it!) The day was beautiful. The bridge was steep. Spirits were high. And of course the kielbasa was plentiful. Polam International Meat Market provided the meat, the house-made horseradish, the kraut, and the pickles. And I added some asparagus for the color green. We ran, we ate, and we ate some more. Summer has been everything good, but I'm really looking forward to fall.


















1 comment:

Alex said...

Awesome! Lucky for you I wasn't there, cause I'd come in last in the women's groupo 5k.