Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The 100



Saveur just published their annual Saveur 100 issue. I truly look forward to this every year, and this time they actually collected recommendations from readers so each entry has a unique story with a unique voice. This format somehow feels very timely - readers from all over the country and the world bringing their local hidden treasures to light. I'm sure I will go through these 100 things, which are in no particular order and range from well-known chefs to rare books to simple recipes to eccentric food writers to heirloom utensils, 100 times, but right now this Turning Fork is my favorite entry and my new mission. Receiving this issue also reminds me of Gourmet's absence (they ceased publication after the November 2009 issue, at least they went out with a bang), alas.



Images via Saveur.com

No comments: