Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chicken Bouillabaisse Sans Rouille


A medley of fabulous flavors

On Monday night I made Ina's Chicken Bouillabaisse. After watching her make it on TV, I just couldn't resist. And it is delicious. However, my accompanying Rouille did not emulsify (twice) and so we went without it. I will try again next week and report back! I am determined to make it work. As for the details, I used homemade chicken stock (for the first time); I pureed whole canned San Marzano tomatoes myself (instead of using canned puree); and I omitted the Pernod because I didn't have any on hand. Also, my gorgeous chicken came from The Meat Hook and was butchered right in front of me. The fennel, the garlic, the rosemary and saffron, this was the perfect nourishing dish for a cold night. And for dessert, simple, clementines!


The finished dish with toasty bread to soak up the juice


Winter brings clementines, and we need nothing more to finish off a hearty meal

2 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

Ina is the ultimate inspiration in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever get the rouille to work? I made the same recipe tonight and had the same problem.