Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Woke Up It Was a Brooklyn Morning





Nothing quite compares to a Monday off - especially when plans for eating, food-shopping, and cooking with a good friend lie ahead, and all of it in the neighborhood. This particular holiday day began, after I picked up Deborah, with my/our first trip to Bakeri in Williamsburg. It's just down the street, but still took me a few months to make my way there. I was told everything is baked on-site at this really adorable bakery - bread, croissants, tarts, muffins. We shared two mini-croissants, one almond and one chocolate, and a lemon, leek, ricotta tart. (I channeled one of my favorite food-bloggers rachel eats for this photo shoot.) Taking our seats by the window, we sipped our pretty coffees out of those pretty mugs, and soaked in the late-morning winter light.







No comments: