Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Crossing the Williamsburg



Friday night was beautiful, and unusual for me. I wasn’t in a rush to be anywhere or meet anyone. So ending up at the foot of the Williamsburg bridge on the Manhattan side around 7:30pm, something I might normally think of as an obstacle, became an opportunity. Why not walk across the bridge? Some alone time (except, of course, for the bikers, the JMZ, the cars below…) could be good.



The sun set behind me and I walked higher and higher. It really starts to feel like you are floating in a red cage over the water, cities in front and behind.



Lights in buildings and over baseball fields flickered on, and as dusk began to fade into night I was back in Brooklyn again.

2 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

woah, have you been hanging out with poets by any chance? i love love love that you did this...so inspiring! xoxo

Melissa Levin said...

it's all your influence meg! xox