Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chickpeas, Spinach, Tomato Sauce, Fried Bread, and SMOKED PAPRIKA

How bad can that be? I will tell you. Not bad at all!



I'm in love with this Smitten Kitchen recipe for espinacas con garbanzos. The ingredients are wonderful, it's great to make, and it's very tasty. It also looks just beautiful.



Deb couldn't be more right about the smoked paprika too. (This is the one I bought at The Garden - so happy they had it - what would I do without The Garden??) You add the smoke at the very end, just before you squeeze lemon over the dish. (As she suggests, I also added a pinch to my eggs the next morning. I am all over it and it will be all over my food from now on!) I ate my espinacas con garbanzos over a piece of toast and with a tiny bit of feta. Also I put a can of tomatoes in the food processor, pureed, and used that instead of "tomato sauce." I thought the fried bread crumbs in the recipe made it decadent (without being too terribly naughty) and I wouldn't leave them out, though I suppose you could. I will definitely be making this again and again.

No comments: