Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chops



Mike splurged on Meat Hook pork chops a couple months back (read: before it got so hot I can hardly set foot in the kitchen) and having never made a pork chop before, I flipped through my go-to books and landed on Jamie Oliver's simply delicious recipe. I love this book and I loved this recipe because you could do all or you could just do parts. I did it all. The idea is so basic, but so genius, great protein with roasted seasonal veggies, a few herb sprigs, some whole garlic cloves - you cannot go wrong here.



Boil carrots, add garlic and thyme.



Boil beets, add garlic, rosemary, and balsamic.



Combine and roast.



Caramelized yumminess.



The pork chop preparation itself is perfectly simple. Cut slits in the fat, press a sage leaf in the eye of the chop on each side. Salt. Pepper. A few minutes a side. A few minutes in the oven.



As you can see, we also prepared polenta (with parmesan) because I had some from our CSA. It was a soft and creamy compliment to this decadent dish.

1 comment:

Megan Taylor said...

I want to gobble down that plate.